Monday, June 15, 2015

June showers


The month of June, so far, has been as wet as May was dry.  At least when it's raining I am getting things accomplished that really need to be--like a few more journals to add to the shop.  And, working on the list of projects that I was sure I would get done over the winter, but still haven't. 




There are always a couple small summer knitting projects also.  This is a pattern that I am modifying a little--I need to rip out a few rows and do it a little differently.  If it is a success I will post some pictures when finished.

There is always a dishcloth in progress, as I am in desperate need of some new ones.


With the start date on our house getting very near, we thought we better get going on the bathroom vanities.  One vanity {as yet to be found/built??} will use an antique marble top we found, and the other will be made from this dresser, which we have had for some time.  Saturday we shopped for sinks, came home and started in on it...



I traced out the template and Mike did the cutting...the sink went in perfectly.  Now the more complicated part will be modifying the inside and the drawers to accommodate the plumbing--I'll be sure to get some photos so you can see how Mike makes it all work.

Our pre-cast basement walls are scheduled to be delivered a week from today--weather permitting--so I am hoping and praying that clouds will be rained out by then!

6 comments:

  1. I love the bathroom vanity!! :)

    Here too, in Central Illinois, it's been nothing but torrential downpours every single day for weeks. We do get sunshine too in between but when the sun comes out, it's 90 degrees with 100% humidity. The lower portion of our backyard where the garden is floods every day - literally, this is craziness and I'm tired of rain. But on the plus side, with all of the rain, lightening, and sun with humidity, our yard is beautiful and everything is way above schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be starting on your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:15 PM

    This is an exciting time for you. I'm looking forward to seeing it all cone together under your creative hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:16 PM

    This is an exciting time for you. I'm looking forward to seeing it all cone together under your creative hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, it's time for a Deb waffle cloth or three here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished 4 new dishcloths about a month ago. Hopefully I am safe for awhile now.

    Love the way the vanity is coming together.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails